A human without brain can’t do anything, similarly python without packages are of no use. But fortunately,we have got a number of packages, libraries to handle data. One such useful library is numpy.
Numpy also called numerical python is one of the core libraries of python used for scientific computing of data. It has tools that makes easy to work with multi dimensional array objects and efficient computation of matrices.
- Data structures consume less memory.
- They have faster computation than lists.
- They have built in linear algebra operations.
This package is not installed in python by default.Follow these steps for installation.
- Pip is a package management system used to install and manage software packages written in Python. Upgrade pip before installing python.
- Download the NumPy package from NumPy library
- Copy the file to C:\Python27\Scripts
- Open the terminal or command prompt and type
1) Array Creation
2) Find the largest element of Array
3) Array Multiplication
4) To specify type of array during array creation
Hope this post has provided an overview of this package.What are you waiting for?Time to prove that you are a data scientist.
WANNA BECOME A PYTHON EXPLORER?: BUILD A CHATBOT USING PYTHON