Google Chrome tabs :- How much you have tried? I bet not more than me to find answer to this question, but I failed. It is much more than what I had expected.
Anxiously waiting for that golden digit?
- The answer is as many as you can and it solely depends upon your computer power (Processor and RAM).
- A typical 8GB RAM and i7 Processor can crash out your google chrome for around ~9600 tabs.
- If you have 4GB RAM and cheap processor than it can crash out at ~8000 tabs.
- Smartphone shows you smile symbol after you open 100 tabs, but you can still add tabs.
- After I pass about 50 tabs, I can no longer see the favicons that help me distinguish tabs apart.
- When nearing 70 tabs, I can no longer see any text from the page title; all I see is 70 little bumps.
- The first 3k can be opened in less than a minute, but as you get close to 10k it takes about a second per tab.
How is it possible to open 1000’s tabs?
- Chrome,creates a new process for each tab or tab group, allowing it to use as much ram as it needs.
- Other browsers including mozila restrict to 64 bit RAM usage limit.
Don’t you want to know how I got this magical number?
I wrote one script on my Linux system.
It will open tab 10000 tabs continuously and “print opened Tab : count number”. What I see is chrome gets crashed at 9601 tabs, so that is a magical number for me.
Thanks for reading patiently.
1.ALSO READ:- Why are most of the people in the software industry unhappy with their lives?
2.ALSO READ:- What was the first Google Doodle?
3.ALSO READ:- Microsoft has Murdered Ms-Paint | Ms-Paint to be Kicked off