An interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language with the name “python” is grabbing programmer’s attention.
This is a 200 words blog post for beginners to install python, setting up environment and write first programme.
Step 1 :- Installation
- Download python from official website
- Double click on the icon of the file that you just downloaded.
- Accept the default options given to you until you get to the Finish button. Your installation is complete.
Step 2 :- Setting up the Environment
- Starting at My Computer go to the following directory C:\Pythonxx. In that folder you should see all the Python files.
- Copy that address starting with C: and ending with xx and close that window.
- Click on Start. Right Click on My Computer.
- Click on Properties. Click on Advanced System Settings or Advanced.
- Click on Environment Variables.
- Under System Variables search for the variable Path.
- Select Path by clicking on it. Click on Edit.
- Scroll all the way to the right of the field called Variable value using the right arrow.
- Add a semi-colon (;) to the end and paste the path (to the Python folder) that you previously copied. Click OK.
Step 3:- Writing Your First Program
- Open notepad or any other editor.
- Write below code in editor:-
- Save above file with name hello.py.
Step 4:- Run Your First Python Program
- Open command prompt and jump to the location where file is saved (you can use cd command to jump to the location)
python hello.pyin command prompt where hello.py is the name of file you saved in step3.