Confused? Are there any differences exist between Agile and SCRUM? What is Agile? What is SCRUM? Wait…
- Hope this is cleared from above that that Agile is a sea and SCRUM is a boat in it.
- Agile is a process that we follow to achieve goals like we do with waterfall and iterative models in past.
- SCRUM is a methodology in Agile amongst KANBAN, Crystal, FDD, RUP.
What is Agile?
Agile refers to a group of software development methodologies based on iterative development that follows ADCT cycle – Analysis Design Coding Testing and delivery for a small piece of functionality with shorter cycles called as sprints.
As opposed in waterfall, we deliver whole product without having a chance of feedback.
Here comes SCRUM …
- Scrum is an agile process that allows us to focus on delivering the highest business value in the shortest time i.e. sprints.
- It allows us to rapidly and repeatedly inspect actual working software (every two weeks to one month).
- The business sets the priorities. Teams self-organise to determine the best way to deliver the highest priority features.
- Every two weeks to a month anyone can see real working software and decide to release it as is or continue to enhance it for another sprint.
Here I explained basics of Agile and SCRUM. More posts to follow on scrum principals and roles of various persons including product owner, scrum master and team. Do subscribe..!!